fbpx

Premium Support Forum

How many is too man...

Notifications
Clear all

How many is too many failed login attempts?

digitalwp
Registered, Customer
Topic starter
(@digitalwp)

I just upgraded and had a question regarding the amount of failed login attempts. Some days I get a few notifications, but others I get several more. Lately I've been getting about 50-100 failed login attempts per day. Am I under attack? When do you think it will stop? 

2 Replies
admin
Admin
(@admin)

Hi Digitawp,

The short answer is that yes, you are probably under some type of attack. In the notification emails, I would recommend copying the IP address that had the failed attempt and go to this site https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup. Enter in the IP and see where it's coming from. If it's coming from an area that you are not familiar with, then it's most certainly a bot that is trying to break in. This could continue on for days or weeks. If the attacker cannot break through, then they will eventually move on. Since you have the upgraded cloud app, each one of those attacks are outsourced to the cloud so your site can maintain optimum performance. I would still make sure your passwords are changed to something very strong, and also consider changing up your admin username to something unique. You might also consider removing any inactive usernames. Let us know if you need anything else. 

digitalwp
Registered, Customer
Topic starter
(@digitalwp)

Thank you!!!!